Monday, June 24, 2013

15 Tools Every Woman Should Have



I consider myself somewhat of a do-it-yourself gal.  Over the years of living on my own, having roommates that were clueless and just not having someone around to complete projects, I decided I’d better just figure it out.  I also have a friend Deanna who knows how to use tools and saws that very few men know how to use…..talk about inspiration!  Now I have my husband who is actually pretty handy but I still love doing projects around the house.  



Before embarking on a project it’s best to have some basic tools on hand. You can visit your local hardware store or one of the large chains like Lowes or Home Depot and find most of these at reasonable prices. 


Here goes…



Lisa’s List of 15 Tools Every Woman Should Have 


  1. Safety Glasses 
    Ace Hardware
  2. Work Gloves (No sense in ruining your manicure)
  3. Toolbox
  4. Miscellaneous Fasteners such as screws, nails and drywall anchors
  5. Tape Measure
  6. Utility Knife
  7. Tape - duck tape, electrical tape and painters tape
  8. Hammer (I found an adorable pink hammer at Lowes that I just love!)
  9. Level
    Home Depot
  10. Pliers
  11. Sandpaper
  12. Screwdriver – both Flathead and Phillips
  13. Putty Knife
  14. Spackle/Putty
  15. Cordless Drill (ask the store associate to teach you how to use it.)


Now that you have a basic list, head out and start collecting these items. Play around with each and don't be afraid to google for instructions like I did. Have fun!





No comments:

Post a Comment