Monday, June 18, 2012

A Little Pink Anyone?

I have always liked pink clothes, shoes and accessories, but decorating with pink is something new that I've been doing. I once was a design assistant for someone who decorated everything in pink and lime green. I was very burned out on pink and couldn't work with it for years! I'm happy to say though, that I've moved past and am enjoying my recent designing with this happy hue.

 It's a great way to add a pop of color especially to turquoise, aqua and blue tones. There is not a specific rule of what value of the hues you should mix, I like experimenting with all different tones. 

Maybe for a baby's room I'd do pale aqua and pale pink. 

weedecor.com



In the image below you'll see a more saturated aqua mixed with a bright pink tone.

 newhouseofart.com 

This shows a whole different look with pale blue and a bright magenta.

decorpad.com 

So have fun experimenting with different tones and don't be afraid of a little pop of pink!






No comments:

Post a Comment