Friday, May 25, 2012

Blue & Yellow Decor

I am currently working on a bedroom with different shades of blue from a pale greyish blue to medium toned blue to a deeper midnight blue. I need a pop of color so was looking through magazines and books for inspiration. I saw some photos of blue with yellow accents and LOVE the look! What a perfect combination.

If you're a fan of pale tones, pair your pale blue with a soft pale yellow. This creates a really pretty, delicate look.

decorpad.com


Maybe you're more of a bold person. My favorite is a medium toned blue with accents of a golden yellow. Of course, with yellow and blue being complimentary colors, they're going to pop, but leaning to a bit gold really makes a statement. 

thelennox.com



All about the deep dark blue? Try for a deeper goldenrod tone. This will look very rich, traditional and elegant.

houseandhome.com

Now for my project, since I'm working with so many shades of blue, I am only going to use one tone of yellow; a medium bright yellow which will not only contrast well with the medium blue but also the pale and the deep blue.


I'll keep you posted on the outcome. 

Happy Friday!



No comments:

Post a Comment