Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Inspiration

Do you want to make a change in your home's interior but just don't know what direction to turn?
I thought I'd share some of my favorite places to find inspiration. 

Architectural Digest Magazine
This is one of my favorite magazines. You can see photos and read stories about some amazing homes. I also like reading about celebrity homes. They recently had an article on Ellen Degeneres' home which was fun.

I love reading about these well known designers and architects. Even though I'm not a fabulous designer in New York City, I can still keep up with some of their projects and get inspired by their ideas.

This is a fun website that is basically an online inspiration board. You simply sign up, create your  boards and then "pin" your favorite things onto your board. Then when you need inspiration, reference your boards.

I subscribe to this magazine for table setting ideas and floral arrangement ideas. Plus, you can often find great organizational tips. 

I check out the Apartment Therapy blog every few days. You can find all kinds of decorating and organization ideas. 

Antique Stores
Antique stores are fun. You never know what type of treasure you're going to find. It sometimes takes visiting several before you find a really great one. I then look for unique pieces that will really make a statement in a room.


Sketch Book
I have a sketch book that I continually quickly sketch out ideas. I also always have a small notebook in my purse. If I happen to see a great design while sitting at a restaurant, I can take notes and sketch my ideas.

Expandable File
I enjoy reading magazines. In addition to the few I subscribe to, I'm continually picking up magazines while in airports and grocery stores. I then go through and tear out the pages with the ideas and designs I'd like to use. I then file them away in an expandable file that has each separate file labeled by the room name (dining room, kitchen, master bath).

No comments:

Post a Comment