Monday, September 12, 2011

Neutrals

I personally like to design rooms with color. I grew up in a house with white walls and white carpet and so of course I'm not going to be one of those designers who stick to all creams and whites. I love adding a punch of color to a room. However, it is important to add a few neutrals to a colorful room for balance. If you have too many different colors going on, the room won't flow well and you won't be comfortable in it. I find that neutrals give the room a grounding effect. 

When selecting neutrals I like to play with texture and pattern. This will prevent the neutral item from becoming the boring, everyday piece in the room.

This Ratcliffe etagere/bookcase from Horchow is quite interesting and would be great to display your treasures.


Looking for a rug? This Flat Braided Jute rug from Pottery Barn has just enough interest.
This woven Subway White 18" pillow is from CB2.

These white Acton Vases from ZGallerie are anything but boring.

The nailhead trim on this ivory Jenelle sofa is stunning and available through Horchow.

No comments:

Post a Comment