Friday, January 21, 2011

You'll love the book Practically Posh by Robyn Moreno


“Whether you live in a basement with the income of a ten-year-old girl or on a saffron farm in Southern Spain, the spirit of hospitality is the same: it’s the giving of yourself, a present of you to them. – Amy Sedaris

I love this quote; it’s from a book called Practically Posh – The Smart Girls’ Guide to a Glam Life by Robyn Moreno and published by HarperCollins.  I received this book from my friend Linda for my birthday and reference it often. It’s full of all kinds of tips. There are chapters on creating a comfortable, stylish home.  The cooking chapter has great recipes and a recommendation of utensils and ingredients to keep on hand for a last minute soiree. There are even chapters on traveling and budget beauty. My favorite chapter is called Hip Hosting. It’s full of great hostess tips and tricks. This is a great resource for food and drink ideas and menus and even party hosting etiquette. 

I definitely recommend you check it out! You can order it here at Amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment