Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Funky Accessories

I grew up in a house with white walls and white carpet. I think my parents thought this was a crisp, clean look. Really it had no interest. I remember bursting at the seams when I was finally allowed to paint a blue accent in my bedroom! It was a bit bold but especially fun for me at the time. Think about when you walk into a house with everything matchy, matchy. You know....the window treatments which consist of five different prints that match exactly to the sofa, chairs and pillows. You really aren't interested in anything other than how much everything matches. You don't take notice of any special pieces, it all just kind of blends together. Yes, its nice they actually took effort to coordinate. However, one of my main goals when designing a room is to add a piece or two to really create interest and pop from the rest of the room. I like to add a funky accessory, bold rug or a piece of furniture that no one else will have. There are so many things you can do, here are some awesome pieces I love.


I love this clock from uncommongoods.com.

These are some of my favorite side tables. They're Drum Tables from Arhaus and they start at only $149

This pillow is fun and colorful, a great way to add interest to a neutral room. Plus peacock is huge right now! It's from Pier1 Imports.

Don't want to do anything too bold? Try something as simple as adding fun decorative knobs. These Number Knobs are from Anthropologie.

Now this glass head is one of my favorites! It's also from Pier 1 Imports.

Why have a boring floor lamp when you can have something like this! It is a bit pricey but what a statement! You can find this at Restoration Hardware.

I hope this has inspired you be a little bold and go for something a little out of the ordinary! 

No comments:

Post a Comment